The New Health Rules: Simple Changes to Achieve Whole-body Wellness. It’s a personal compendium of integrative health’s wisest mantras.
Inspired by the needs of time-pressed patients and their fast-paced lives, co-author Danielle Claro and Frank Lipman, M.D., have assembled 100+ of my most memorable integrative health tips and paired them with more than 80 lush photographs.
And the coolest thing about The New Health Rules? That it’s not some old school, put-you-to-sleep health textbook.
It’s a snappy, entertaining digest-sized read that will enchant, engage and enlighten, no matter where you are on your health journey.
Presented in a beautifully illustrated package, The New Health Rules features bite-sized, easy-to-implement pearls of wisdom and gentle reminders on how to eat, sleep, breathe, move and think your way to a healthier, happier and more energetic life, for example:
- Don’t fear fat. Coconut oil, avocados, and meat from grass- fed animals all contain healthy natural fats, which your brain and body need to function optimally.
- If you eat cows, make sure they eat grass. In other words, know what went into the meat before it goes into you!
- Get 15 minutes of sunshine a day. You’ll boost vitamin D, mood and immunity in minutes.
- Stop this egg-white omelet nonsense. Yolks are packed with satiating nutrients so put them back on your plate and feel fuller longer.
- Curb sugar cravings. Eating less sugar reduces your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes so the sooner you taper off, the sooner your risk will drop.
- If you learn only one yoga pose…….let it be supta badha konasana.
- Break up with bread.…….and over a 100 more tips
Inspire yourself for the new year or share the secrets of wellness with a loved one who might not know where to start.